The DVDs we sell are PAL format, Region 2, unless stated otherwise. You should refer to your DVD player's instruction booklet for confirmation of your player's regional settings. DVDs vary according to both format and region, so unless your machine is multi-region / multi-format, or can be converted to handle multi-region / multi-format, you should check that both the format and the region of the DVD match the settings on your player and that the format matches your television.
PAL is the standard format for the UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Africa and Asia (excluding Japan). NTSC is the standard format for USA, Canada, Central and South America, Japan and the Caribbean.
- Region 1
- USA and Canada
- Region 2
- Europe, Japan, South Africa and the Middle East
- Region 3
- South East Asia and East Asia
- Region 4
- Australia, New Zealand, Central and South America and the Caribbean (there is also a significant penetration of Region 1 players in all these regions, except Brazil)
- Region 5
- Africa (excluding South Africa), India, Russia, North Korea and Mongolia
- Region 6
- Region 0
- These are un-coded discs and should play on any DVD player.
The blu-ray discs we sell are region B format unless stated otherwise. The blu-ray regions are as follows
- Region A
- Includes most North, Central and South American and Southeast Asian countries plus the Republic of China (Taiwan), Japan, Hong Kong, Macau and Korea.
- Region B
- Includes most European countries, African and Southwest Asian countries plus Australia and New Zealand.
- Region C
- Includes the remaining central and south Asian countries, as well as the People's Republic of China and Russia.